Join the full package (7 workshop sessions) on
- Sunday, April 16 (9 am - 12 pm CEST/Europe)
- Sundays, May 7, 14 & 21 and
- Sundays, June 4, 11 & 18
- each 9 - 11:30 am CEST/Europe
This package includes the Intro to Block Printing workshop and the Repeat Pattern Deep Dive 1 & 2. The sessions are specifically for Europe/Asia/Australia time zones!
9 am CEST translates to 8 am BST/UK, 3 pm AWST/UTC+8, 5 pm AEST/Australia, 7 pm NZST/New Zealand
This is a payment plan consisting of two payments (one month apart).
In this series of seven workshops, you'll gain build your stamp carving & block printing skills from scratch and will dive deep into the art of creating beautiful and intricate repeat patterns:
Learning about the tools and materials needed
Mastering the art of stamp carving
Creating your first block prints
- Understanding how repeat patterns work in the context of block printing
- Learning how to design a block from idea to print, with a repeat pattern
- Exploring different types of repeat patterns and block shapes in detail
- Profiting from tips, tricks, and specific exercises to take your carving and block printing skills to the next level
- Mastering the art of printing and aligning repeat patterns
- Working with color to create stunning and unique prints.
- Discovering how to work with the blocks you already have to create new print variations and explore pattern play
- Learning how to create multi-block repeat patterns and add new designs to your existing blocks
- Diving into more complex curved shapes to create intricate and stunning patterns and bring your carving skills to the next level
- Making your own tessellating shapes to add even more complexity to your prints
- Exploring non-standard shapes and learning how to make them repeat in your prints
You do not need to have any no prior knowledge - this is suitable for stamp carving & block printing beginners.
Through optional homework assignments between workshop sessions, you'll have the opportunity to practice and refine your block printing & repeat pattern skills.
By the end of this workshop series, you'll have the skills and knowledge to create beautiful and intricate multi-block repeat patterns, as well as the ability to design and incorporate your own tessellating shapes and non-standard shapes seamlessly into your prints. You will take your block printing to the next level and apply it to your own work the confidence.
All prices in Swiss Francs (CHF). Prices in other currencies depend on the exchange rate of the day of purchase and are solely stated for reference: CHF 197 is roughly 201 EUR / 216 USD